Lake Safety Tips
- Shickshinny Lake is a private lake reserved for the exclusive use of Shickshinny Lake Association members, their families and guests.
- Lifejackets, lifejackets, lifejackets.
- Operate motorized watercraft counterclockwise on the Lake.
- Avoid getting too close to docks.
- Water skiers must have a boat operator and a "competent" spotter. Maintain a safe distance between skiers and other watercraft.
- Do not swim in areas heavily trafficked by boats.
- BUOYS — the buoys at the end of the lake are not targets or slalom markers. DO NOT race around them.
- Obey the No Wake rule. The reason they are there is to protect the earthen dam from erosion. If that dam goes, so does the lake. Exercise caution at the "top" end of the lake. Newcomers - there is a submerged road stretching across the lake just before the last two homes. From that point onward, the lake is very shallow. Never motor at a high rate of speed past this point.
- Alcohol + Boats = TROUBLE
Respect this body of water, others on the lake, your neighbors and the rules set by the state. Enjoy this little piece of paradise to the fullest, for we are all truly blessed to live here at Shickshinny Lake. See you on the lake!